Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1 More Week!

In just one week I'll be on my journey to New Zealand.  Actually, in exactly one week I will be at the airport in LA getting to know Mary and Victoria, my two traveling companions who are doing the YWAM DTS with me.  (DTS= Discipleship Training School, aka the 12 week lecture phase)  Preparing for this trip has been pretty stressful.  I need to work ahead in school to get done with this semester almost two weeks before it's actually done, and there's so many loose ends to tie.  But I'm working hard and trying to get things finished. 

Last Sunday I lead a Sunday School class at New Journey church in Fosston.  It went a lot better than I thought (I was very nervous!) I talked about the reasons I'm going on this trip, and shared the verses that have pointed me in this direction.  I ended my reasons with this: To find joy amidst sorrow.  I then shared James 1:2-3  Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  This has been my favorite Bible verse for several years.

I am getting really close to being fully funded!  I have almost $8,000 of the $10,000 that I need.  Keep praying that all of the money will come in.  I need the rest before I leave for outreach.

In love, to all of my friends and family,

Mary Helen Berntson

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you girl!!

    I know God is going to use you foe great things on your trip!!

    I'll be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete