Sunday, January 12, 2014

Orientation

Today was orientation day!

It started off with waking up around 6 to get ready and go for breakfast at 6:30.  Breakfast is sort of on our own: They have cereal, toast, fruits, and eggs that we can prepare on our own. 

After breakfast we went to the lecture room to have an introduction and go over the guidelines here.  The leader, Shane, has a gift for prophesy and he began to tell a few people what God has been telling him.  It was intense and I was almost relieved that my name wasn't mentioned, but I have a feeling he will make it to everyone. 

It was awesome to hear how much respect and protectiveness that Shane has for all of us young women.  He made it clear to the young men here that they aren't to lay a hand on us!  That is also something that has been relieving here.  The guys are respectful and gentlemen-like.  Shane gave us clear rules for relationships, and advised strongly against them because this is a time to spend focusing on God. 

Next we got a thorough tour of the centre and we were told our duties and how we need to respect this place because of all the wonderful people who have given generously and sacrificially toward it.  This place is very nice, I was not expecting this much! 

This place is paradise.  The food is delicious, with many fresh fruits and veggies from our wonderful cooks.  I love all of the different accents! The Canadian's "eh", the Swiss's careful and delicate words, the Norwegian's  difficult to understand but fun accent, but my favorite, the Kiwi accent! I don't think there are enough of them here for me to pick up an accent, but I love to listen to them talk.  I haven't figured it out yet, but they either call some meals or some breaks "tea" (even if they don't drink tea during them!) and other little phrases are fun. 

God is a God of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment