Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hearing God's Voice

This week's theme was Hearing God's Voice.  The funny thing is that I heard God's voice for the first time before the lectures even led to that!  I was having a pity party and telling myself that none of the higher up leaders knew me and I wouldn't be asked to staff, and all that drama that can go on in someone's head.  Then we were sitting listening to a lady talk about her work in China when the name "El Roi" came into my head and kept on pounding around in my brain!!  I already knew it was a name of God, but I didn't know what it meant.  So I looked it up, and it means "The God Who Sees".  So even if no one else does, God is reminding me that God still sees me!!

Other than that, some prophesy stuff happened this last week which I'm not really sure about, and you can message me if you want to talk about it. :)

Worship here is breathtaking, especially when we go acapella.  We have "family time" which is every Monday morning, and includes all of the students, all of the staff, and all of the staff that we usually don't see because they are working on the ship or somewhere else.  We sang "How Great Thou Art" with only voices, and somewhere over 100 voices rang out in our packed dining hall.  It was intense.

The scenery here is beautiful!  Yesterday a few of us students went with a staff member to hike up the river.  We went around waterfalls, sometimes climbing up steep hills covered in thorns to get back to the river.  The view was breathtaking!  This place is the most beautiful place I've been.

Tonight we are interceding for the sex trafficking that goes on at the Superbowl.  Please join us!



 

1 comment:

  1. Dear MaryHelen: It's so powerful to be part of worship in that intense way! What a blessing! Hearing and heeding God's voice is a challenging thing. I was just telling Rachael who has learned this well (though certainly not painlessly), that I'd really like to learn to listen better. I've always been a doer and busy about "good deeds" but I think sometimes it is more valuable to learn to sit at His feet - to hear His voice and obey what He asks us to do not just what we would "think" He would want us to do!
    I would love to see the scenery there - are you taking pictures?
    I will join you in prayer for the trafficking at the Super Bowl - thanks for the reminder! Blessings! Auntie Patti

    ReplyDelete